Kik Messenger for PC – What is Kik Messenger – Features of Kik – Download KIK for PC – If you like to chat with your friends through your smartphone, I’m sure you have fair enough idea about the Kik app. If you haven’t, don’t be disappointed, I’ll explain this beautiful app in brief in this article.
However, for those who have a fair idea and want to use it on PC, this article explains all the steps that can help you get Kik for PC.
The world is changing very fast.
While in early days, we used to have big bulky computers that used to cover a whole lot of space in a room, today they have become much compact and faster than they used to be before.
Moreover, the laptop and tablet have completely changed the way computers are used.
Now the Internet and Smartphone have brought revolution in the communication world and made a life of the people easy and convenient.
While, a few years back the people used to spend considerable amount of money to make an international call or send an SMS, it has become almost FREE today.
All this could happen because of the advancement in technology. The app like Kik messenger has completely changed the way message are sent/received through the mobile phone.
If you have Kik messenger installed on your smartphone and have Data/Wi-Fi activated, you can send unlimited FREE messages to anyone living any part of the world. With the tweak that I’m going to share in this post, one can get Kik for PC as well.
What is Kik Messenger
As I said before those who like to chat with their friends through a smartphone, they must have a fair idea about Kik messenger.
However, people who use a smartphone and still haven’t heard about it, it is a bit surprising.
For those who want to know what Kik messenger is all about, its a cross platform instant messaging app that can let you send unlimited FREE messages to anyone who has the same app installed on its device.
Not just the messages, Kik messenger can be used to send video messages, make calls, share documents as well. Kik works with an internet connection and hence don’t require you use a mobile carrier for sending messages.
Get unlimited Data Plan or Wi-Fi and take full advantage of Kik messenger. If you find typing through a smartphone is not convenient, you can get Kik for PC as well.
Silent features of Kik Messenger for PC
There is plenty of interesting features that you can take advantages of, not just the messages. Take a look at some important features:
- Send Unlimited Free Messages to anyone living any part of the world.
- Make Voice/Video call for FREE.
- Number of bots to automate the tasks.
- Make chat more entertaining with cool emojis.
- No Phone number needed, works with Username.
- Get unique QR code and share with people you want so that they could scan QR code and connect with you.
- Very easy to download and install.
- Beautiful user interface that doesn’t hurt your eyes and pretty easy to understand.
- Group chat with multiple friends.
- Send Photos, GIFs, Sketches, Videos, emoticons etc.
- Live Typing – You can see the person typing whom you are chatting with.
- Available for iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry etc.
- 300 million users (As on May 2016).
How to get Kik Messenger for PC
Without wasting anymore, let’s get straight to the method to get Kik for PC. There is no desktop client for Kik and the method we are going to discuss in this article is a workaround to get Kik for PC easily.
The method is quite simple and doesn’t require any kind of technical knowledge. Following the steps that are discussed below can help you get Kik for PC.
Procedure to get Kik Messenger for PC
So the basic of getting Kik for PC is that we will be downloading Android emulator on PC and with the help of an android emulator, we will download, install and use Kik on PC. Here are the steps:
- Go to the browser on PC and download android emulator- BlueStacks. There is no specific reason as to why I’ve considered BlueStacks android emulator, You can use other android emulators as well. Check out our post: Top 5 Android Emulator for PC.
- Install bluestacks by double clicking setup file.
- Once the bluestacks installation is done, open it.
- Go to the search box and search for “Kik”. It must show up in the search results.
- Tap Kik app and allow it to get installed.
- Once Kik is installed, you will see the shortcut created and that’s all !!
You have installed Kik for PC successfully. You can now use a laptop to type messages.
Alternative to above method:
- Download and install BlueStacks as guided above on your PC.
- Download latest Kik apk on PC.
- Right click kik apk file and open it with Bluestacks.
- The installation will begin. Follow on screen instructions and allow Kik installation to complete.
- When the installation is done, you will see a shortcut appears.
Hope you find this platform useful.
Share this Post with your friends using the FACEBOOK and TWITTER buttons below!